|The 9 best fried foods I ate at the State Fair of Texas in 2013.|
2013 Fried Foods in Order of My Most Recommended:Click for full reviews and large photos of each item on Instagram.
The top 4 are my must-have recommendations for anyone who already enjoys the not-fried versions of these foods.
- Cuban Roll
- Milky Way
- Grilled Cheese
- Shrimp & Grits
- Red Velvet Cupcake
- Thanksgiving Dinner
- Spaghetti & Meatballs
- "Cool Aid" Pickle (not a kid-friendly food)
Fried Food I Recommend, But Couldn't Fit in This Year:
I've tasted all of these before except the burrito, so I recommend these if you aren't interested in some of the above items.
I'd like to thank the fair for providing free admission and a parking pass for myself and a lucky fan, and one food booth named "Southern Fried Chicken", who provided free food as noted in my Instagram captions.
Interesting Food Facts about the State Fair of Texas
- FRITOS were introduced here in 1936.
- Fletcher's invented the corny dog here in 1942.
- Dr. Pepper (1885), Coca-Cola (1897), and Pepsi Cola (1898) were introduced to Texans at early state fairs, which helped these sodas become as popular as they are today.
- The first fair foods included complete home-cooked meals, all provided by volunteer social organizations and church groups.
- You could bring your own picnic basket to eat at the fair in the late 1800s.