Would you like to learn how to post drool-worthy food photos as Dallas Foodie? Would you like to learn photography and editing skills that will make all your photos look better, forever? Would you like to learn social media strategies that have attracted over 30,000 people to one online persona?
If you meet all of the requirements below, then I am confident I can train you how to use your iPhone to take great photos as Dallas Foodie! My prior contributors were able to start taking better photos immediately and have said the skills they learned helped them take noticeably better photos of everything— from scenery to their kids— which has been valuable for their own blog, career, and personal photos.
Requirements to be a Dallas Foodie Contributor
- Use an iPhone 5S or newer running the latest iOS (no other phone has the right camera lens and apps)
- Already in the habit of checking Instagram, Facebook, and Twitter multiple times per day
- Dine at non-chain restaurants in the Dallas/ Addison/ Plano/ Richardson area at least 2 times per week
- Available to post at least once per week, every week, from July 6 to November 8, 2015
- People generally consider you a good photo-taker
- You got straight A’s in English class, or have very good writing and grammar skills
- Detail-oriented personality
- Lived in Dallas area for at least 6 months
- Not contributing Dallas food content to other publications (you will need to sign a non-compete and non-disclosure agreement)
- Available to attend a hands-on training brunch on Sunday, June 14, 1-4pm in Dallas
I will only be conducting one training session and will not be in town to train any replacements, so I ask that you only apply if you meet every requirement. I will train up to 10 potential contributors, so not everyone who applies may be accepted, and not everyone who completes training may become a contributor. This is not a paid position, but the skills taught during the training workshop and the experience gained from posting to a large social media account can be very valuable for your future endeavors.
If you meet all of the requirements, please email Dallas _ Foodie @ DGdesign.biz (without the spaces) with subject line "Contributor Application", your name, links to at least one social media account where you regularly post photos, and approximately how long you have been following Dallas Foodie.